Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birthdays....Bah, Humbug!!

Just yesterday I had the otherwise joyous occasion of another birthday; but, several years ago I decided to no longer celebrate them. I made this decision out of fear. Fear of aging! Who wants to get old?? Older??

Well, I suspect in reality we all do. If for no other reason than it does beat the alternative which is not being alive any longer to celebrate the occasion. I have long heard the adage "Everyday I wake up on this side of the grass, it is a great day"! In spite of all our aches, pains, and complaints, I hope we would all feel this way down deep. So, I decided to quit celebrating getting older; but, to start celebrating being alive. Celebrating life!

While on any given day I may not feel like aging any more, I will always feel great about being around to recognize another year of life.

Life is a journey filled with all manner of bumps, twists, turns, surprises - and, yes, aches and pains. Sorrows and grief. Happiness and joy. It is important we respect the sorrows and grief life deals to us; but, more important we focus on the joys and happiness. Life is meant to be lived. Meant to be celebrated. Meant to be wonderous, and joyous.

A client of mine once expressed it his way, "you know, everyone dies but not everyone lives". Please, do yourself a favor, be kind to yourself and live life to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment